TESOL members who are or have been enrolled within the past year in a TESOL or TEFL graduate program that prepares teachers to teach ESOL.
To support recent or current graduate students in the development of projects with direct application to ESOL language classroom instruction. The recipient of this award is expected to present the results of the project at a TESOL convention within 3 years of the date the award is received.
One award of US$1,500 upon selection and acceptance of the award and a convention registration for a subsequent year, when the project is presented.
Applications are evaluated in terms of (a) the merit of the graduate study project, (b) reasons for pursuing graduate studies, and (c) financial need. Preference is given to projects with practical classroom applications.
Provide the following:
- an explanation of your reasons for pursuing graduate studies (250 words or fewer)
- a statement regarding your financial need for this award (250 words or fewer)
- a three-page (maximum) description of your graduate study project including
- the name of the institution where the project will be or is being done
- a statement of purpose for the study
- a description of what is to be done and why
- a statement of the project's practical application
- send one letter from your graduate project supervisor that (a) describes your scholarship and (b) confirms approval, indicates the status, and comments on the merit of the project.The letter from your graduate project supervisor should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to
TESOL International Association
1925 Ballenger Avenue, Suite 550
Alexandria, VA 22314-6820 USA
Note: Mailed letters must be sealed by the author of the letter. Emailed letters must be sent directly to TESOL from the author of the letter.
Applications will be accepted beginning 1 June. Application instructions will be posted here.
Applications must be received by 1 November.