TESOL members who are
- nonnative speakers of English
- employed in settings other than universities
- or members of underrepresented groups in TESOL
The Leadership Mentoring Program (LMP) helps underrepresented groups within TESOL become more involved in the work of the association. At the TESOL convention, this program pairs selected individuals with TESOL leaders who mentor recipients throughout the year as they contribute their time and expertise to TESOL and its varied activities and projects.
Those accepted into the program receive the following:
- Basic registration to the annual TESOL International Convention & English Language Expo
- US$1,000 for lodging expenses during the convention
- a mentoring relationship with a TESOL leader
- participation in the Leadership Development Certificate Program (held during the convention and online after the convention)
Nominations are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- membership in an underrepresented group in TESOL
- organizational experience, such as involvement in a TESOL regional affiliate
- service to the profession
- potential for TESOL involvement and leadership
The TESOL Leadership Mentoring Program application requires information from both the nominator and the candidate:
Applications will be accepted beginning 1 June. Application instructions will be posted here.
All materials must be received by 1 November.