TESOL members who are or have been enrolled within the past year in a TESOL or TEFL graduate program that prepares teachers to teach ESOL.
To support recent or current graduate students in the development of projects with direct application to ESOL language classroom instruction. The recipient of this award is expected to present the results of the project at a TESOL convention within 3 years of the date the award is received.
One award of US$1,500 upon selection and acceptance of the award and a convention registration for a subsequent year, when the project is presented.
Applications are evaluated in terms of (a) the merit of the graduate study project, (b) reasons for pursuing graduate studies, and (c) a demonstration of financial need related to completing the graduate study project. Preference is given to projects with practical classroom applications.
To Apply Online
To complete the online application process, you will need the following information. You are strongly encouraged to gather this information before you begin the application. That way, you can fill out the application completely, and you will not have to go back and fill in items later.
- an explanation of your reasons for pursuing graduate studies (250 words or fewer)
- a statement describing how this award will help finance the study project (250 words or fewer)
Graduate Project Description (1250 words maximum) Describe your graduate study project, including
- the name of the institution where the project will be or is being done
- a statement of purpose for the study
- a description of what is to be done and why
- a statement of the project's practical application
One Letter of Recommendation
The letter should
You will be asked to provide a contact email addresses for your graduate supervisor. They will receive a message from email@example.com at the address that you provide inviting them to upload their letter of recommendation directly to the application system.
- be written by your graduate supervisor
- describe your scholarship
- confirm approval, indicate the status, and comment on the merit of your graduate project
Please ask your graduate supervisor to watch for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure that they receive the message, please ask them to add email@example.com to their contacts or their spam whitelist.
If they do not receive the message, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to begin the application process.
Applications must be received by 1 November
Past Award Recipients
View a list of past recipients
. For information on recipients for years not listed, please contact email@example.com