Who's Eligible Any author who has completed an empirical research project and a subsequent scholarly paper that was published in a peer-reviewed scholarly journal in 2013. Final page proofs of papers scheduled to be published in late 2013 are accepted.
Articles with multiple authors are also eligible, but only the lead author will receive the award package.
Purpose To recognize excellence in any area of research on language teaching and learning.
- A complimentary registration to the 2014 TESOL Convention and Exhibit
- Roundtrip airfare and 2 nights hotel to attend the TESOL 2014 convention
- 1 year TESOL membership
- 1 year subscription to TESOL Quarterly
- A featured session at the TESOL 2014 convention
- A featured article in TESOL Connections
Criteria Manuscripts are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- the significance of the issue to the field of language learning and teaching in TESOL
- the awareness of relevant scholarship related to the issue or problem
- the clarity with which any theoretical considerations, research questions, or models related to the issue or problem are presented
- evidence of appropriate research methods and analysis, regardless of methodological paradigm
- the persuasiveness of the argument presented and the conclusions drawn
- the clarity of the writing
Application Process Papers may be nominated or self-nominated. Nominators should enter their own contact information on the initial application page, but be prepared to provide the candidate's biographical information.
Applications will be accepted beginning 1 June. Application instructions will be posted here. Application Deadline
Completed online applications must be submitted no later than 1 November.