Who's Eligible Any author who has completed an empirical research project and a subsequent scholarly paper that was published in a peer-reviewed scholarly journal in 2013. Final page proofs of papers scheduled to be published in late 2013 are acceptable.
Articles with multiple authors are also eligible, but only the lead author will receive the award package.
Purpose To recognize excellence in any area of research on language teaching and learning.
- A complimentary registration to the 2014 TESOL International Convention & English Language Expo
- Roundtrip airfare and 2 nights hotel to attend the TESOL 2014 convention
- 1 year TESOL membership
- 1 year subscription to TESOL Quarterly
- A featured session at the TESOL 2014 convention
- A featured article in TESOL Connections
Manuscripts are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- the significance of the issue to the field of language learning and teaching in TESOL
- the awareness of relevant scholarship related to the issue or problem
- the clarity with which any theoretical considerations, research questions, or models related to the issue or problem are presented
- evidence of appropriate research methods and analysis, regardless of methodological paradigm
- the persuasiveness of the argument presented and the conclusions drawn
- the clarity of the writing
Online Submission Process
Papers may be nominated or self-nominated. To complete the online submission process, you will need the following information. You are strongly encouraged to gather this information before you begin the application. That way, you can fill out the application completely, and you will not have to go back and fill in items later.
Click here to begin the application/nomination process.
- Biographical statement for author of paper (50 words)
- Author's full name and email address (primary author if more than one author)
- PDF of empirical research study
Completed online applications must be submitted by 1 November