Any TESOL member
To acknowledge outstanding and extended service to and leadership in TESOL interest sections.
This award was first granted in 1993 to D. Scott Enright, who passed away in 1994, to recognize his leadership as a member and chair of the Elementary Education Interest Section and his work on behalf of all TESOL interest sections while he served as interest section representative on TESOL's Board of Directors from 1989 to 1992.
A commemorative plaque is presented to the recipient at the TESOL convention, and the recipient's name is placed on a permanent plaque at the TESOL office. The recipient also receives a complimentary convention registration. One award is presented each year.
The recipient is selected according to evidence of
- extraordinary service either to a particular TESOL interest section or to the TESOL Interest Section Council,
- notable leadership within either a particular TESOL interest section or on the TESOL Interest Section Council
- the ability to stimulate professional interchange among TESOL interest section members
- the ability to foster and mentor professional development among TESOL members through TESOL interest section involvement
- the ability to communicate interest section concerns to the larger TESOL membership
To Nominate a Colleague
- An individual TESOL member or interest section leadership (as a group) may nominate TESOL member for this award.
- Upload a letter of nomination that
- describes the candidate specifically in terms of the awards criteria listed above, providing examples of the nominee's strengths in these areas
- lists chronologically the nominee's service to a TESOL interest section or to the TESOL Interest Section Leadership Council
- If the nominator is an individual, he or she must also send a letter of support from another TESOL member who can comment on the strengths of the nominee in terms of the criteria listed above.
- If the nominator is a group, a letter of support is not required.
Applications will be accepted beginning 1 June. Application instructions will be posted here.
Nominations must be submitted no later than 1 November.