Any TESOL member in good standing.
This award was created in 1987 in honor of Mary Finocchiaro, a noted educator, author, and TESOL president (1970-1971), to recognize a TESOL member(s) who has achieved excellence through the development of practical pedagogical materials not currently under consideration for publication.
US$500 and a complimentary convention registration.
- The materials must be pedagogically innovative and related to some aspect of ESL/EFL teaching, addressing an area such as curriculum, teaching techniques, materials development, testing systems, or computer software.
- The application must contain a description of and rationale for the work.
- The work is evaluated for
- relevance to the classroom
- adherence to the rationale or theoretical basis
- a clear indication of language level and target population
- style and clarity of expression
To complete the application process, you will need the following information:
- an anonymous copy of the material (no more than 50 sample pages)
- an anonymous statement (400-500 words) including
- the rationale or theoretical basis
- the target population and language level
- any other pertinent information including coauthors and the extent of their involvement in the project
- the eligibility checklist affirming that your materials have not yet been submitted for publication or that your materials are not currently under consideration for publication
Click here to begin the application process.
Applications must be submitted online by 1 November.