TESOL membership is open to anyone involved in the field of English language teaching. Whether you are a teacher, student, teacher educator, administrator, researcher, consultant, materials writer, or curriculum developer, TESOL International Association offers you a global and collaborative community where you can grow personally and professionally.
Benefits of Membership
TESOL International Association provides you with the resources you need to do your job every day.
TESOL membership helps thousands of professionals just like you become more effective, more knowledgeable, and more skilled in the field of English language teaching and learning. It also provides support as you navigate the policies and programs that affect your students and your work.
Professional Learning Communities
Whatever your area of expertise, you can find the groups that meet your needs.
TESOL offers 21 interest sections
,supportive professional learning communities where you can share knowledge and research in your area of practice.
Education and Professional Development
TESOL offers a wide range of professional development opportunities in a format that meets your needs.
TESOL membership includes all Virtual Seminars, and all other professional development programs are offered at a discounted rate. Of course, members also receive a substantial discount on registration for the annual TESOL Convention & English Language Expo.
- Virtual Seminars — Free of charge to members. Led by an expert in the field, these 90-minute online seminars cover a range of topics and are available for playback at your convenience.
- Symposiums and Conferences — Members receive discounted rates. TESOL works with its affiliates to host these events worldwide.
- Online Courses — Members receive discounted pricing. Most courses last 4–6 weeks, and you can go at your own pace.
- TESOL Resource Center — Your home for sample lesson plans, videos of plenary sessions from past TESOL conventions, activities, many other resources to support your efforts in the classroom.
- TESOL Academies — An series of workshops on a topic that helps increase your effectiveness as a teacher, administrator, curriculum planner, or resource specialist. Each workshop is led by an expert in the field.
- TESOL Online Career Center — Looking for a job? Start here! The career center offers hundreds of job listings and resources for beginning or advancing your career.
TESOL Convention & English Language Expo
The annual TESOL Convention & English Language Expo is the highlight of the year for more than 6,500 attendees
. The largest meeting of its kind in the world, the TESOL convention gives you almost four full days of professional development and networking. All members receive a registration discount. Worth more than the price of membership!
TESOL Press: Resources for ELT Professionals
TESOL Press provides members with the resources they need as educators: books, periodicals, white papers, and more.
All members receive the following periodicals free of charge:
- TESOL Connections: Monthly electronic newsletter with feature articles on current topics, interviews with thought leaders, job listings, and other important information.
- TESOL Journal: Quarterly online journal that publishes articles for TESOL practitioners. Articles are available online at your convenience.
- English Language Bulletin: Weekly news brief that keeps you abreast fo what's happening in the field worldwide.
TESOL Press Books
TESOL Press publishes 90 books a year on topics chosen by the Publications Professional Council.
Members receive a substantial discount on all TESOL Press books. To browse the most recent publications, please visit the TESOL Bookstore.
TESOL Quarterly (TQ), the assocation's widely respected academic journal, publishes vital research that advances the field of English language teaching and learning.
Edited by prominent researchers in the field, and supported by a distinguished editorial board, TQ helps ground classroom practice in empirically tested theory about language teaching and learning.
Advocate for Sound English Language Teaching Policy
TESOL international Association represents teachers, administrators, researchers, and other English language teaching professionals worldwide
. The association often provides feedback to U.S. policy makers on important issues facing the ELT community, and it provides position statements and talking points that you can use as you advocate for your students and your profession.
Leadership and Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are the heart of TESOL.
The association offers numerous opportunities to serve the profession. You could serve as a TESOL professional council member, an interest section leader, a peer reviewer, a convention volunteer, or on the TESOL Board of Directors.
Ready to join? Let's get started!