Discover “Worlds of TESOL” in New York City, Apr 2-5, 2008
This annual convention is sponsored by Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Inc (TESOL), a global professional association that serves the needs of 14,000 English as a second language (ESL) and English as a foreign language (EFL) educators. TESOL also has a community of 101 worldwide affiliates that supports the educational needs of over 47,000 TESOL professionals.
Here are just a few reasons why you will want to attend the 42nd Annual TESOL Convention and Exhibit.
Develop new professional and career skills
Select from a variety of training options to expand your skills.
- Pre and Post Convention Institutes (PCIs): These featured workshops offer hands-on professional development for attendees. Designed and led by experts in the field, the topics this year include: content-based instruction, computer-assisted language learning, personal development, pronunciation, writing, materials development and much more! To find out about the PCIs, go to
- Convention Sessions and Workshops: TESOL offers more than 1200 programs for ESL and EFL practitioners working in all education settings. To see what sessions are being offered at TESOL 2008, use the following link:
Connect with TESOL experts
Over 7,000 professionals attend TESOL’s annual convention. You will be able to meet practitioners who have specialized experience in various areas of ESL teaching such as assessment, testing, computer assisted language learning, curriculum development, classroom materials, and standards. Several informal networking opportunities are available to help you connect with the people you want to meet!
Expand your professional knowledge
In addition to the formal classroom and workshop sessions held at the convention, you have access to a plethora of knowledge resources such as:
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) Electronic Village: Features demonstrations of instructional software and internet applications that can be used to facilitate English language learning.
- Poster Sessions: Learn about the professional challenges ESL/EFL professionals currently face and how they are developing innovative solutions.
- Job MarketPlace: Provides opportunities to interview for positions and get information about current marketable skills
- Exhibition Hall: Visit with over 150 exhibitors presenting the latest books, instructional materials and programs in English language teaching.
Enjoy all the attractions of New York City
Come discover all the history, culture and diversity that make New York City unique!
Feel the energy that infuses its streets. Visit museums and galleries, enjoy Broadway shows. Shop for designer fashions or seek out a rare find. Dine in award-winning restaurants or savor ethnic cuisines at neighborhood eateries. The five boroughs are yours to explore.
Want to Join? TESOL members pay a convention registration fee almost 75% less than nonmembers do. Also, the early registration discount ends March 3. Use the following link: