Instructor Ksan Rubadeau,
Professor at the Institute of Foreign Language Studies, Korea University, Seoul, and teacher educator with the Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education
8 July - 18 August 2015
Who Should Attend?
Are you a teacher educator or English language program coordinator? Or are you thinking of becoming a teacher educator? Does your Continuing Professional Development program need a kick-start or an update? This course can help you if any of the following statements apply to you:
- You have adequate ELT field experience
- You are the lead ELT coordinator for your district
- You have coordinated or facilitated ELT professional development efforts
- You aim to enhance your ELT professional development program
|TESOL members |
| US$580 |
|Global members |
| US$245 |
| US$665 |
Register by Fax or Email (PDF)
Registration Terms and Conditions
Requirements for Completion for TESOL Online Course
More About This Course
Do you want to revitalize your English language professional development program? Do you need to answer the demand in your community for a quality ELT Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program? The TESOL Training of Trainers online course can help.
This course allows you to
- reflect on and identify the needs of your CPD program
- build a model for improving the program based on those needs
- begin transforming existing CPD program capacity
You will be introduced to several free online resources to help enhance your ELT CPD program. You will create an extensive annotated resource guide that will be curated and further customized after the course. Through this course, you will take time to reflect on your current or would-be program, take action to boost your program's profile and, most importantly, transform your current ELT CPD program using the latest technologies.
What Will I Learn?
You will be able to
- conduct a needs assessment
- build and sharpen a professional development plan
- design a professional development module
- identify key techniques, tools, and resources
- deliver engaging workshops
- evaluate pedagogical change
- grow CPD capacity
- create collaborative communities of practice
- network with engaged and engaging teacher educators from all over the world
About the Instructor Ksan Rubadeau
(M.A. Applied Linguistics, Concordia University, Montreal; EdD candidate, Durham, UK) has had the joy of being an ESOL educator and teacher trainer for 19 years, working in Canada, Mexico, Japan, and South Korea. For the past eleven years, she has developed and facilitated development courses for elementary and secondary EFL teachers in South Korea and for professors learning to teach English-mediated courses; subjects have ranged from general TESOL methodology and course planning to advanced classes in pedagogical grammar and mentoring techniques. She is now an award-winning professor at Korea University’s Institute of Foreign Language Studies in Seoul. Ms. Rubadeau has also served in several positions of Korea TESOL (KOTESOL). Her research focuses on teacher educators’ cognitions and uses of technologies.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact TESOL Education Programs
and put "Training of Trainers" in the subject header.