Instructor Ksan Rubadeau,
Professor at the Institute of Foreign Language Studies, Korea University, Seoul, and teacher educator with the Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education
16 April - 27 May 2014
9 July - 19 August 2014
Who Should Attend?
Are you a teacher educator or English language program coordinator? Or are you thinking of becoming a teacher educator? Does your Continuing Professional Development program need a kick-start or an update? This course can help you if any of the following statements apply to you:
- You have adequate ELT field experience
- You are the lead ELT coordinator for your district
- You have coordinated or facilitated ELT professional development efforts
- You aim to enhance your ELT professional development program
|TESOL members |
| US$570 |
|Global members |
| US$240 |
| US$655 |
Registration for the April offering of TESOL's Training of Trainers will open in February 2014.
Register by Fax or Email (PDF)
Registration Terms and Conditions
More About This Course
Do you want to revitalize your English language professional development program? Do you need to answer the demand in your community for a quality ELT Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program? The TESOL Training of Trainers online course can help.
This course allows you to
- reflect on and identify the needs of your CPD program
- build a model for improving the program based on those needs
- begin transforming existing CPD program capacity
You will be introduced to several free online resources to help enhance your ELT CPD program. You will create an extensive annotated resource guide that will be curated and further customized after the course. Through this course, you will take time to reflect on your current or would-be program, take action to boost your program's profile and, most importantly, transform your current ELT CPD program using the latest technologies.
What Will I Learn?
You will be able to
- conduct a needs assessment
- build and sharpen a professional development plan
- design a professional development module
- identify key techniques, tools, and resources
- deliver engaging workshops
- evaluate pedagogical change
- grow CPD capacity
- create collaborative communities of practice
- network with engaged and engaging teacher educators from all over the world
About the Instructor
Ksan Rubadeau (M.A. Applied Linguistics, Concordia University, Montreal; Doctor of Education candidate) has had the joy of being an ESOL educator and teacher trainer for 18 years. She has taught learners of all ages in Canada, Mexico, Japan, and Korea. For the past ten years, she has developed and facilitated a wide range of professional development courses for elementary and secondary EFL teachers in Korea; subjects range from general TESOL methodology and course planning to advanced mentoring techniques. She is now an award-winning professor at Korea University’s Institute of Foreign Language Studies in Seoul and a teacher trainer for courses affiliated with the Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education. Ms. Rubadeau has also served in several positions of Korea TESOL (KOTESOL). Her in-progress doctoral research at the University of Durham, UK, focuses on teacher educators’ use of technology.
If you have any questions about this course, please contact TESOL Education Programs
and put "Training of Trainers" in the subject header.