TESOL’s virtual seminars are PowerPoint with audio presentations. When you participate in a virtual seminar, you watch and hear the presentation on your computer and post your comments and questions using a text box on the screen. For the best audio quality, please use headphones or external speakers.
Registered participants can access the recorded version of the virtual seminar for three months after the event. After that, all virtual seminars are available to TESOL members only in the TESOL Resource Center.
TESOL's virtual seminars are powered by CommPartners Event Center.
Can I Access the Virtual Seminar on My Computer?
Before the event, please test your browser to ensure that you can access the seminar:
- Make sure you do not have pop-ups disabled in your browser.
- Turn on your speakers or your headphones and click here.
- Click on the tab labeled “Support” under the web address at the top of the screen.
- Under “Test Your Browser” on the top right-hand side, click on “Run Test.”
- A window should open telling you that your Adobe Flash Player is up to date. In this window, please click on “Click here to continue the test.” (If you do not see the window, please go to www.flash.com to download the latest Adobe Flash software. Once at the site, go to the “Downloads” menu at the top and choose “Get Flash Player.” After you download the software, go back to Step 1 and run the test again.)
- A window will open with a PowerPoint slide, a Meeting Info box, and a chat box. Shortly after the page appears, you will hear a brief recorded message. The message will tell you when you can close the window. If the test fails, please download the latest version of your browser and try again.
- If you still have problems, please review the troubleshooting tips. For technical support, contact email@example.com.
If you have any questions, please contact TESOL at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical questions, please contact email@example.com.