Each interest section (IS) has an email discussion list, library, discussion forum, and a calendar in the TESOL Community. The TESOL community manager monitors, and sometimes moderates, the IS’s listserv and discussions, and maintains the IS library and calendar.
The TESOL community manager works closely with TESOL’s web content and social media manager to ensure that online discussions in the listserv and the forum follow the community guidelines.
Terms of Service
- Monitors and sometimes moderates the IS email discussion list to ensure that discussions comply with the community guidelines and contacts list members regarding inappropriate use of the list, when necessary
- Informs the web content and social media manager of issues arising on the list that may require TESOL action or intervention
- Periodically posts questions to keep discussions live
- Posts updates and activities as necessary or as requested by the IS leadership
- Maintains the IS library and calendar in good order
- Monitors discussion forums to ensure that discussions comply with the community guidelines
- Attend the community managers meeting
Resources and Support
- Community guidelines
- TESOL web content and social media manager
- Networking opportunities with members and TESOL leaders
- Expand leadership skills and develop your professional contacts
- Social media experience