All submissions should
- be submitted electronically, in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or rich text (.rtf) format
- be no more than 1,500 words (not including abstract and bio)
- include a 50-word abstract and a 30-word biographical statement
- follow the citation style of the Publications Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition
- be written in clear and professional prose with headings, subheadings, lists, and bullets as appropriate
- include electronic photos of the author(s)
All submissions will be edited for clarity, style, and length. Articles requiring revision will be returned to the author with suggestions. The author is expected to respond to the feedback and resubmit the article in a timely manner. Submission of articles does not guarantee publication.
Graphics and Photos
Graphics and digital photos must
- be .jpg, ,gif, or .tiff format
- be at least 300 dpi resolution (higher is better)
- include a caption, the name of each person in the photo, and, if known, the name of the photographer
The author(s) must obtain written permission from the copyright holder to reproduce graphics such as tables, figures, and photos taken from published sources, including websites.
If the author(s) take a photograph of a person, he or she should obtain a release from that person to reproduce the photograph in the newsletter. No release is necessary for photos of the author(s).
If you have any questions about permissions, please contact TESOL Publications
How to Submit