Statement of Purpose
The Nonnative English Speakers in TESOL Interest Section (NNEST-IS) serves as a focus for the interaction of members who share a common interest in a wide variety of issues concerning nonnative-English-speaking professionals. It creates a venue for identifying and addressing NNEST-related issues and facilitating communication and networking both among IS members and those of TESOL at large.
- Promote, develop, and advance academic and professional awareness of the role of NNEST professionals in the field
- Stimulate scholarship, research, and professional development by sponsoring special projects, sessions at the annual TESOL convention, and publications
- Create a nondiscriminatory professional environment for all TESOL members regardless of native language, race, and place of birth
- Enhance and empower the professional growth of its members
- Serve as an advocate and resources for NNEST communities and individuals in professional matters
Baburhan Uzum and Burcu Ates