The 6 Principles: Training of Trainers
Preconvention Workshop | Monday, 11 March 2019 | 1 - 5 pm
This workshop will prepare you to offer professional development to teachers so they can successfully implement The 6 Principles in their classrooms and collaborate with others to provide the best program possible for English learners in their school or district.
Professional development materials will be provided so you can help teachers:
- Create optimal conditions for second language learning,
- Use research on language development to guide instructional and assessment decision-making,
- Explore and apply the 6 principles in practice, and
- Build a culture of shared responsibility at their sites.
Who Should Attend?
Teacher educators, school district personnel, coaches, and consultants who provide professional development to teachers in K-12 settings.
The sessions focus on the following professional development topics:
- Creating optimal conditions for second language learning
- Using research to guide instructional decision-making
- Introducing the 6 principles to teachers and school staff
- Applying the 6 principles in the classroom
- Collaborating with staff to improve programs, policies and practices
- Advocating for English learners and their families
Early: 1 Feb
Advance: 1 Mar
After 1 Mar
If you have questions about the workshop, please contact TESOL Professional Learning.