Wizard of Oz
In honor of TESOL's 50th Anniversary celebration, a group of TESOLers put together a little show based on the Wizard of Oz--yes, they actually sang songs! A video recording is available online
In this musical comedy, a talented cast of TESOL "Ozzites" whimsically explore TESOL's past 50 years. Dorothy is hurtled by a Tornado from 1966 (when TESOL began) into 2016.
Will Good Witch Glinda and Professor Marvel succeed in helping Dorothy recover her lost 50 years? Will three ambitious TESOLers--the Cowardly Lion, Tin Woodman, and Scarecrow--find courage, heart, and brain to reach their professional goals?
Watch the video
and find out!
Dorothy: Dorothy Zemach
Professor Marvel: Doug Brown
Glinda, the Good Witch: MaryAnn Christison
Scarecrow: Joe McVeigh
Tin Woodman: Jun Liu
Cowardly Lion: Mark Algren
Guitar Accompanist: Larry Zweir
Download TESOL’s 2016 Convention Mobile App or use the Desktop Itinerary Planner
. Search for sessions, connect with attendees, organize your schedule, and give session feedback in real-time!
Go to the mobile site for BlackBerry and Microsoft devices
Show Your #TESOL16 Pride
Download one of the “I’m Attending”
images to share on your social media accounts and let your friends and colleagues know you’ll be in Baltimore!
| Click to download for
|Click to download for Twitter.
Use Hashtags #TESOL16 and #myTESOL16
• Join the TESOL 2016 Convention & English Language Expo Facebook Event
• Keep up with the action by searching #TESOL16 on Facebook
, and Instagram
• Use #TESOL16 and #myTESOL16 when posting photos, videos, and convention memories
• Follow us!
Win TESOL Swag!
Enter to win a TESOL t-shirt in just 2 simple steps!
Share the “I’m Attending”
image above OR take a selfie
at the 2016 TESOL International Convention & English Language Expo in Baltimore, Maryland, USA holding a sign that describes your experience at the convention in one word, like this:
Upload your photo to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and use the hashtags #TESOL16
Winners will be notified by direct message to their Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account throughout the sweepstakes period (8 am ET 4 April – noon ET 8 April)
• No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
• Entries must be appear on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram before 12 noon ET on 8 April 2016. Entries that appear after that period are ineligible.
• Entrants must use the official sweepstakes hashtag (#myTESOL16) and the official convention hashtag (#TESOL16). Entries that do not use both hashtags are ineligible.
• Entrants must be at least 18 years old and registered attendees of the 2016 TESOL International Convention & English Language Expo in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.• Photos must comply with all the rules for the social media account to which they are posted. Photos must not contain nudity, profanity, or anything otherwise illegal or obscene.
• One (1) prize (t-shirt) per winner. Prize will be awarded to the person who posts the entry on his/her Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account. Others in the photo are not eligible.• Winners will be chosen at random and notified via direct message to the social media account to which the winning entry was posted.• Prizes must be claimed in person at the TESOL Press Bookstore located in the exhibit hall at the Baltimore Convention Center during the following hours:
o Wednesday, 6 April 2016, 8:30 am–5:30 pm ET o Thursday, 7 April 2016, 8:30 am–5:30 pm ET
o Friday, 8 April 2016, 8:30 am–3 pm ET
• Prizes are void after 3 pm ET, Friday, 8 April 2016. Prizes will not be mailed. • Prize are non-transferrable, and they have no cash alternative.
• Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law.• This sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, or with the Baltimore Convention Center.• By entering, entrants discharge and hold harmless TESOL International Association, its affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this sweepstakes or any prize won.
• By entering, entrants grant TESOL International Association permission to use, repost, and/or repurpose the winners’ photos for promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.