16-18 June 2013
Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport
Why Should I Attend?
The only event of its kind in the United States, the TESOL Advocacy & Policy Summit is an unparalleled professional development opportunity for educators to learn about U.S. federal education issues and advocate for policies that support English learners and the field of English language education. The summit will feature policy experts, leadership training, and an opportunity to network with advocates and colleagues from across the country.
Want to know more? Find out the Top 10 Reasons to Attend according to past participants.
What Will I Learn?
By attending the TESOL Advocacy & Policy Summit, you will
- learn from experts and insiders about the latest federal education policy that impacts the TESOL field and English learners in the United States.
- gain knowledge about the current U.S. political climate and trends as they relate to TESOL's priorities.
- share a powerful message with your members of Congress about the impact of policy on your school and community.
- receive hands-on training on the fundamentals of advocacy that you can take back to your affiliate and community.
- join with your colleagues and fellow leaders from across the United States to share information and advocacy tips in order to make a difference.
Topics at the TESOL Advocacy & Policy Summit will include immigration policy, and K–12 and adult ESL education policy.
16 June 2013
5:00 pm - Orientation and Introductions
6:30 pm - Welcome Reception
17 June 2013
8:30 - 9:30 am - Congressional staff panel
9:30 - 10:30 am - OELA and Title III update
10:30 - 10:45 am - Break
10:45 - 11: 45 am - OVAE update
12 - 1 pm - Lunch
1 - 5 pm - Workshop sessions
18 June 2013
9 am - 2 pm - Capitol Hill visits
3 - 4:30 pm - Closing reception and wrap-up
Your registration fee includes two receptions, one breakfast and lunch, training, and materials.
To take advantage of the hotel group rate, please reserve your room by 31 May 2013.