TESOL Connections is an electronic newsletter sent once a month to all TESOL members with e-mail addresses. TESOL encourages members, affiliates, interest sections, and like-minded organizations to submit brief news items or noncommercial resources for inclusion in this newsletter.
Sections for submission include:
Resources: Brief write-ups on noncommercial resources related to the field. Examples: National Center of Education Statistics releases report, "English Literacy and Language Minorities in the United States;" "Free Grandparents Day Activity Kit and Contest from national 'Something to Remember Me By' Legacy Project."
Feature Articles: TESOL Connections
accepts unsolicited article submissions from 500 to 1,200 words. Articles must not be published elsewhere, or else consent must already have been given for republication in TESOL Connections
gives priority to original work. Articles previously published or copyrighted are considered but not given priority.
We seek articles that
- Are practical in nature and written for a general ELT audience. (Please keep in mind that this is a newsletter article and not a research article, though you are welcome to include resources and research recommendations at the end.)
- Highlight some features of ELT that play a role in the everyday classroom—if possible, on various levels.
- Incorporate important points that educators can take away and use.
- Are about innovative, unusual, or interesting things you have found in your years of experience in ELT
- Trends in ELT and how they might influence teaching (positively or negatively)
- Useful, tested classroom practice tips or strategies
You may embed tables and figures, but be prepared to provide jpgs if requested.
Review of TC
articles is not blind. Please include a brief (50–100 word) biography of each author.
Review of articles submitted to TC
can take from 1 to 3 months.
Please note: TESOL Connections does not publish conference announcements. Conference announcements submitted here will be automatically redirected to TESOL's Worldwide Calendar of Events.
TESOL reserves the right to refuse or edit all entries before publication.
Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.