Call for Author: Grammar Columnist for TESOL Connections
TESOL seeks an author to write a grammar column for TESOL Connections, TESOL’s monthly electronic member newsletter. The column, 700–1,200 words, will appear quarterly, in January, April, July, and October.
The columnist will address difficult or tricky English grammar and usage issues, including how to teach the grammar point to English language learners, and may respond to occasional grammar questions from readers. The grammar columnist will receive a modest quarterly honorarium and one year of membership in TESOL.
The ideal candidate will possess
- expert knowledge of English grammar and usage
- an ability to convey technical knowledge in friendly, easy-to-understand terms
- close attention to detail
- a respect for deadlines
If you are interested in becoming TESOL’s grammar columnist, please send the following materials as email attachments to TESOL Connections Editor Tomiko Breland. Please use the subject line “Re: TC Grammar Columnist Application.”
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- One short sample column (400 to 700 words) that addresses a tricky grammar issue and how to teach it.
- A list of the four grammar issues you plan to address in your first four columns.
Please also read recent issues of TESOL Connections.
If you have any questions, please contact Tomiko Breland.
The deadline for applications is 31 October 2014.