This interactive workshop focuses on three key areas of leadership and management: qualities of effective leaders, strategic planning, and leadership for teacher change.
- reflect on leadership styles and roles
- become aware of important skills to develop as leaders and administrators
- explore assumptions underlying strategic planning in language education
- understand the goals and process of strategic planning
- start developing a strategic plan for your institutions
- reflect on your beliefs about teacher supervision
- learn about different approaches to teacher supervision and teacher observations
Workshop Presenter Fernando Fluerquin
is the director of the Intensive English Language Institute
at the University of North Texas in Denton. With 33 years of experience in the ESL/EFL field as a teacher, teacher educator, writer, assessment specialist, program evaluator, and administrator, he is a medical doctor and has a master’s degree in marketing and business administration. A frequent presenter at TESOL and other professional events, his areas of interest include assessment, standards, leadership, faculty evaluation, online education, and program administration. He is currently on the board of directors for the University and College Intensive English Programs
, an independent consortium of university and college-administered intensive English programs in the United States.