Register Early and Save
Plan to register as soon as possible. Why? Because the earlier you register, the more you save!
To receive the maximum discount, register by 1 February. The other registration deadlines are below:
- 1 February 2018: Receive the maximum discount.
- 1 March 2018: Receive the discounted advance registration rate.
- After 1 March 2018: Pay the regular on-site rate (no discount).
Avoid processing delays. Beat the rush, register early—and save!
Membership: Join and Save US$165
Another way to save on registration is to join TESOL.
When you join, you'll receive all the great benefits of being a TESOL member—and you'll save US$165 on your convention registration. To receive the discount, join TESOL before you register and be sure that you have no outstanding issues with your membership.
If you have any questions about joining or your membership status, please contact TESOL Membership.
2018 Convention Program Book and Mobile App
Did you know that for each 35 attendees who do not take a convention program book, we save one tree?*
Last year, TESOL printed approximately 6,500 program books. That’s more than 185 trees! As TESOL continues to push towards a greener convention and association, please consider forgoing the printed convention program book and using the new and improved mobile app. Not only does your choice financially support TESOL, but it also helps to save our planet.
For those of you who are not ready to go completely paperless, you can pick up a program book for a nominal fee of $5.
*See Bob Schildgren, How Much Paper Does One Tree Produce? Sierra, 7 July 2014.
TESOL 2018 Schedule Adjustment
This year, the final day of the convention (Friday, 30 March) will coincide with Good Friday and the first night of Passover. The schedule below reflects TESOL's best effort to accommodate all attendees:
- The final sessions on Friday will begin at 2:00 pm and end no later than 3:15 pm.
- The exhibit hall will close on Friday at 3:30 pm.
- The TESOL annual business meeting has been moved to Thursday, 29 March at 5:00 pm.
- The TESOL Taste of Chicago social event will follow the annual business meeting.