Become a Leader in the Profession
The ELT Leadership Management Certificate Program (LMCP) provides leadership training for ELT professionals in various kinds of ELT organizations and institutions. It will be especially useful if you are in or wish to take on a leadership, administrative, or management role.
Who Should Attend?
ELT professionals at all levels who are currently in a leadership, administrative, or management role in their institution or organization, or who want training in these areas. You do not have to be a member to attend.
To earn the 10-hour ELT Leadership Management Certificate, participants must complete the requirements listed below.
These workshops are offered in-person at the 2020 TESOL International Convention in Denver, Colorado, USA. Those completing this certificate can apply to earn one continuing education unit (CEU).
- Leadership and Management Fundamentals (Neil Anderson, Christine Coombe and Fernando Fleurquin), Tuesday, 31 March 2020, 9 am–5 pm (7 hours).
This workshop covers the following topics:
- Qualities of effective leadership
- Leadership for teacher change: Supervision
- Strategic planning
- Two of the following 90-minute workshops (3 hours) taking place during the convention
Wednesday, 1 April 2020
Thursday, 2 April 2020
- Financial Planning: Budgets and Course Costing (Fernando Fleurquin), 11 am–12:30 pm
- Hiring Essentials (Wendy Asplin and Jennifer Evans), 1 pm–2:30 pm
- How to Run Effective Meetings (Richard Robison), 9:30 am–11 am
- Facilitating Groups and Building Teams (Suzanne Matula), 11:30 am–1:00 pm
- Effective Time Management Strategies for English Language Teaching Leaders and Professionals (Christine Coombe, Mashael Al-Hamly, Justin Shewell), 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
Click here for more information about each workshop and the workshop leaders.
Registration and Fees
Early: 3 Feb
Advance: 2 Mar
After 2 Mar
You can register for this program when you register for the 2020 Annual TESOL Convention & English Language Expo.
Space is limited, so register early: Enrollment is limited to 100 participants for the seven-hour workshop, and 40 participants for the elective workshops.
Registration fees include all workshops, materials, an administrative fee, and refreshment service during the seven-hour required workshop.
If you have questions about this program, please contact TESOL Professional Learning.