Workshop for Novice Researchers: Connecting Teaching and Research
Tuesday, 22 March 2022, 3:00–5:00 pm US ET
This two-hour workshop supports novice scholars and educators aspiring to engage in research. Participants connect to the TESOL Research Agenda and explore how research addresses theoretical and pedagogical questions. The speaker provides guidelines and advice on getting started. Time is allotted for small group sessions with the speaker and RPC mentors.
- learn about main forms and tools of research;
- learn how research can inform teaching;
- craft individual research questions that support their practice and research agendas;
- create a research design relevant to their specific research questions;
- network with colleagues and the TESOL Research Professional Council that can help support their progress as they pursue their research projects.
Prior to the workshop, participants will receive reading materials on research and the link to the TESOL Research Agenda .
TESOL Research Professional Council (RPC)
Facilitators & PresentersLillian Wong, The University of Hong Kong
Antonella Valeo, York University
Donald Freeman, University of Michigan
|advance: 1 March||On-site: after 1 march|
You do not have to register for the full TESOL convention to attend this workshop, but you do have to register for this event through the convention registration form.
If you have questions about the workshop, please contact TESOL Professional Learning.