Teaching English as a Foreign Language: Questions and Answers covers, in a question-and-answer format, basic issues for EFL teachers, including how to teach vocabulary, grammar, and skills and how to plan lessons.
The perspectives are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of TESOL.
The potential audiences are
- people with no TEFL experience whatsoever who would like some accessible information before they commit themselves to following a formal TEFL course
- people who are undertaking a TEFL course and require accessible information to help reinforce, in a clear way, the input they receive from their instructors
- people who have had significant experience in TEFL but feel they have lost their way and are now on a plateau and are looking for user-friendly information to help them rediscover the art of teaching English as a foreign language.
TEFL Q and A
- TEFL Q and A, About the Author
Paul Bress (firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.bemycoach.co.uk) has an MA in TEFL from Christ Church College in Oxford, England, and has worked in the TEFL field since 1978.
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 1: TEFL--The Basics
An introduction to teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL)
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 2: Vocabulary--Teaching Meaning
Good ideas for teaching vocabulary
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 3: Vocabulary--Getting Students to Practise It
Good ideas for getting students to practice vocabulary
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 4: Teaching Grammar
Good ideas for teaching grammar
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 5: Teaching Speech Functions
Good ideas for teaching speech functions
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 6: Teaching Listening Skills
Good ideas for teaching listening skills
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 7: Teaching Speaking Skills
Good ideas for teaching speaking skills
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 8: Teaching Reading Skills
Good ideas for teaching reading skills
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 9: Teaching Writing Skills
Good ideas for teaching writing skills
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 10: Marking Homework
Good ideas for marking homework
- TEFL Q and A, Chapter 11: Planning Your Lessons
Good ideas for planning lessons
- TEFL Q and A, Appendix
Sample lesson plan
Copyright © 2005 by Paul Bress. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopy, or any informational storage and retrieval system, without permission from the author. Permission is hereby granted for one download for personal use only.