Practicing ESL/EFL teachers and teacher trainers who are also active TESOL members and who need financial support to attend the annual TESOL International Convention & English Language Expo
To support the professional development of ESL/EFL teachers by making it possible for more teachers to attend the annual TESOL convention.
The TESOL Professional Development Travel Grants are funded by a generous contribution from long-time TESOL member Betty Azar.
A minimum of 10 grants of US$1,500 each to pay the costs of attending a TESOL convention, including travel, accommodations and registration fees. Total number of grants will depend on annual grant funding levels.
Applications are evaluated on the basis of
- your reasons for wanting to attend the TESOL convention
- your commitment and contributions to ESL/EFL teaching
- your financial need
Preference is given to individuals who have never attended a TESOL convention.
To Apply Online
To complete the online application process, you will need the following information. You are strongly encouraged to gather this information before you begin the application.
That way, you can fill out the application completely, and you will not have to go back and fill in items later.
Short Answer Section
- Explain the reasons you want to attend the TESOL convention (250)
- Explain past and current contributions and commitment to ESL/EFL teaching (250)
- List the TESOL conventions you have attended
- Explain your opportunities for receiving financial support for professional development from your institution, publisher, or other sources (250)
Two Letters of Recommendation
You will be asked to provide contact email addresses for the people writing letters of recommendation for you. They will receive an email message from firstname.lastname@example.org at the address you provide. The message will invite them to upload their letters of recommendation directly to the application system. The email request will not be sent until you "complete and finalize" your application.
During the application process, you will be asked to write the message that they will receive. Please use the space provided to write the outgoing message to your letter writers. Do not use this space to upload the letter of recommendation. Letters submitted by the applicant will not be accepted.
Please ask your letter writers to watch for a message from email@example.com. To ensure that they receive the message, please ask them to add firstname.lastname@example.org to their contacts or to their spam whitelist.
If they do not receive the message, please send a message to email@example.com
Letters of recommendation should
Click here to begin application process.
- be written by a professional who can describe your work and your professional activities.
- describe your work, contributions, and commitment to the field
Application materials and supporting documents must be received by 1 November