| Community Sharing & Learning |
Whatever your area of expertise, you can find the groups that are the best fit for you.
Through the TESOL Community you can participate in any of the list serves of the 21 Interest Sections and other online groups. The community connects you with colleagues all over the world to share ideas and experiences while learning about other culture's English teaching practices.
The 21 TESOL interest sections offer numerous leadership opportunities along with online networking, professional development, and the ability to share knowledge and research in numerous areas of practice.
| Education & Professional Development |
Take advantage of the many professional development programs offered throughout the year.
All professional development programs offer discounted rates to TESOL members. Virtual seminars are included with each TESOL membership.
- Virtual Seminars — Free of charge to members, these 90 minute online seminars cover a range of topics and are available for playback at any time during the year.
- Symposiums and conferences — members receive discounted rates at these events held throughout the world . Watch your email or visit the TESOL website for upcoming events.
- Online Courses — From the TESOL Core Certificate program to Training of Trainers, and many topics in between. Members receive discounted pricing (Global members get special pricing). Courses last from 4 to 6 weeks in most cases and you can go at your own pace.
- The TESOL Resource Center is your home for sample lesson plans, videos of major plenary sessions from the TESOL Conventions, activities, many other resources to support your efforts in the classroom.
- TESOL Academies focus on the challenges of the field to increase your effectiveness as a teacher, administrator, curriculum planner, or resource specialist. Each workshop is an intensive course led by skilled faculty.
- TESOL Online Career Center has hundreds of job listings throughout the year, covering a wide range of experience and disciplines within English language education.
Books, Publications, and Resources to Support You as an Educator Every Day.
|TESOL Convention & English Language Expo is the highlight of the year for more than 6,500 attendees. The largest meeting of its kind in the world, gives you almost 4 full days of professional development and networking. All members receive a registration discount. Worth more than the price of membership! || |
- All members receive the popular TESOL Connections electronic newsletter each month along with periodic white papers and research briefs.
- The TESOL Journal, which is part of your TESOL membership, is TESOL’s newest online publication. You can view and download articles at any time.
- The English Language Bulletin, a weekly news brief, is sent to all members and includes news of the field from across the globe.
TESOL Quarterly and all TESOL books are available to members at significant discounts. TQ has a reputation for quality research and timely topics to support all areas on ESOL. TESOL publishes nearly 90 books covering issues from assessment and pedagogy to technology and standards.
|A Voice for Your Community |
Advocate for Sound English Language Teaching Policy
TESOL is the only organization representing the voice of ESL practitioners, administrators, and researchers. TESOL provides position papers and talking points for members to use in support of issues facing their communities.
Advocate for the Field. Let your voice heard on key political issues and comment on regulatory policies affecting ESL/EFL programs.
|Leadership & Volunteer Opportunities |
Volunteers are the heart of TESOL.
Take advantage of the many opportunities to volunteer your time to serve on a TESOL committee, in a leadership position within an Interest Section, as a peer reviewer, a convention volunteer, or on the TESOL board of directors.
Committees handle topics ranging from membership to professional development, awards to book and serial publications, and research to standards.
Be a voice in the leadership of TESOL. All members are eligible to vote for their volunteer leaders in the Interest Section and the Board of Directors elections each year.