The ELT Leadership Management Certificate program provides quality professional development and leadership training for ELT professionals in their current or future leadership, administrative, and/or management roles in various kinds of ELT organizations and institutions. This program is open to everyone and is offered in-person only at the TESOL international convention. To earn the certificate, the program must be completed at the convention.
Who Should Attend?
ELT professionals at all levels who are currently in a leadership, administrative, or management role in their institution or organization, or who want training in these areas.
To earn the 10-hour ELT Leadership Management Certificate, participants must complete the following requirements:
- Leadership and Management Fundamentals, 9:00 am–5:00 pm, Wednesday, 20 March, at TESOL 2013 in Dallas (7 hrs.). This workshop covers the following topics:
- Qualities of effective leadership
- Leadership for teacher change: Supervision
- Strategic planning
- Two of the following 90-minute elective workshops (3 hrs.):
- Financial Planning: Budgets and Course Costing
- Technology Today: What Leaders Need to Know and Do
- Fundraising and Writing Grant Proposals
- Time Management Strategies for English Language Teaching Professionals
- How to Run Effective Meetings
- Facilitating Groups and Building Teams
- Conference/Workshop Planning
- Presentation Skills for Emergent ELT Leaders
- Leadership Growth Through Leadership Mentoring
- Capstone: Participants summarize what they have learned and write a plan outlining how they plan to achieve their professional development goals. The capstone requirement must be completed by 1 June 2013.
These workshops are offered in-person only at the 2013 TESOL convention in Dallas, Texas. To earn the certificate, the required and elective workshops must be completed at the 2013 TESOL convention. Those completing this certificate will earn one continuing education unit (CEU).
Complete workshop information and schedules are listed in TESOL 2013 Advance Program
Registration for this program will open 1 September 2012. You register for this program when you register for the Annual TESOL Convention & English Language Expo. To register for the ELT LMCP and the 2013 TESOL convention click here
Register early: Enrollment is limited to 75 participants for the 7-hour workshop, and 35 participants for the elective workshops.
Registration fees include all workshops, materials, an administrative fee, and refreshment service during the 7-hour required workshop.
Deadline: 1 February 2013
Deadline: After 1 February 2013
If you have questions about this program, please TESOL Education Programs