The ELT Leadership Management Certificate Program provides leadership training for ELT professionals in various kinds of ELT organizations and institutions. It will be especially useful those in leadership, administrative, or management roles. You do not have to be a member to attend.
This program is offered in-person only at the TESOL international convention. To earn the certificate, the program must be completed at the convention.
Who Should Attend?
ELT professionals at all levels who are currently in a leadership, administrative, or management role in their institution or organization, or who want training in these areas.
To earn the 10-hour ELT Leadership Management Certificate, participants must complete the requirements listed below.
These workshops are offered in-person only
at the 2015 TESOL convention in Toronto, Canada. Those completing this certificate can apply to earn one continuing education unit (CEU).
- Leadership and Management Fundamentals (Neil Anderson and Fernando Fleurquin), Wednesday, 25 March 2015, 9 am–5 pm (7 hours). This workshop covers the following topics:
- Qualities of effective leadership
- Leadership for teacher change: Supervision
- Strategic planning
- Two of the following 90-minute workshops (3 hours) taking place during the convention
- Financial Planning: Budgets and Course Costing (Fernando Fleurquin), Thursday, 26 March 2015, 9:30 am–11 am
- Hiring Essentials (Renee Feather), Thursday, 26 March 2015, 12:30 pm–2 pm
- How to Run Effective Meetings (Richard Robison), Friday, 27 March 2015, 9:30 am–11 am
- Facilitating Groups and Building Teams (Renee Feather), Friday, 27 March 2015, 11 am–12:30 pm
- Effective Time Management Strategies for English Language Teaching Leaders and Professionals (Christine Coombe, Mashael Al-Hamly, Justin Shewell), Friday, 27 March 2015, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- A pre-program survey and a post-program evaluation and learning assessment survey
for more information about each workshop and the instructors.
Registration and Fees
Registration opens 2 September 2014
. You can register for this program when you register for the 2015 Annual TESOL Convention & English Language Expo. To register click here
. Space is limited, so register early:
Enrollment is limited to 75 participants for the 7-hour workshop, and 35 participants for the elective workshops.
Registration fees include all workshops, materials, an administrative fee, and refreshment service during the 7-hour required workshop.
Deadline: 15 January 2015
Deadline: After 15 January 2015
If you have questions about this program, please TESOL Education Programs