TESOL members who are
TESOL members currently living in the United States or Canada are not eligible.
- from a country outside the United States or Canada
- submitting a proposal for the annual TESOL convention
- presenting for the first time at the annual TESOL convention.
Preference will be given to applicants from countries underrepresented at the TESOL conventions.
To increase international participation at the annual TESOL convention.
Up to four awards in the amount of $2,500 to cover travel and lodging expenses to attend and present at the TESOL convention. This award is funded by the TOEFL Board of ETS.
Eligible proposals are evaluated according to
- the significance of the topic as it relates to the field of second language acquisition and ESL/EFL teaching
- the contribution of the proposal to the field of TESL/TEFL
- originality and creativity in concept
- relevance and broad impact.
Applicants will submit their proposals through the TESOL convention call for proposals. Applicants must indicate their eligibility for the award by checking the provided box on the proposal form. The first-time presenter section of the proposal form must also be checked in order to be considered for this award.
Individuals submitting eligible proposals must indicate their interest in being considered for the award on the convention proposal form by 1 June