TESOL members who are currently practicing EFL teachers, teacher trainers, or supervisors with at least 5 years of experience working in a setting where English is taught as a foreign language.
This award is for TESOL professionals working in an English as a foreign language (EFL) context only. Those working in contexts where English is taught as a second language (ESL), i.e, the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, are not eligible for this award.
Preference is given to applicants who have never attended a TESOL convention.
To help EFL professionals attend the annual TESOL International Convention & English Language Expo
Travel and basic expenses not to exceed US$2,500.
Applications are evaluated according to the following criteria:
- your reasons for wishing to attend the TESOL convention
- evidence of your commitment to teaching English in a foreign language setting
- the benefit that attending the TESOL convention will bring to you and other teachers in your community
- financial need
To Apply Online
To complete the online application process, you will need the following information. You are strongly encouraged to gather this information before you begin the application.
That way, you can fill out the application completely, and you will not have to go back and fill in items later.
A List of TESOL Conventions You Have Attended
Please provide a list of all the TESOL conventions that you have attended.
Essay (500 Words)
This essay should
- explain your reasons for wishing to attend the TESOL convention
- describe your EFL teaching experience, including the years, locations, and your responsibilities
- describe in detail the ways that you and others will benefit from your experience at the convention
- describe your current financial situation
Two Letters of Recommendation
You will be asked to provide contact email addresses for the people writing letters of recommendation for you. They will receive an email message from email@example.com
at the address you provide, inviting them to upload their letters of recommendation directly to the application system. The email request will not be sent until you "complete and finalize" your application.
During the application process, you will be asked to write the message that they will receive. Please use the space provided to write the outgoing message to your letter writers. Do not use this space to upload the letters of recommendation. Letters submitted by the applicant will not be accepted.
Please ask your letter writers to watch for a message from firstname.lastname@example.org
. To ensure that they receive the message, please ask them to add email@example.com
to their contacts or to their spam whitelist.
If they do not receive the message, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters of recommendation should
Click here to begin the application process.
- describe and evaluate your work in EFL
- attest to your commitment to teaching in an EFL setting
- describe how you and others will benefit from your attending the TESOL convention
Applications must be received by 1 November