Tina B. Carver Fund
The Tina B. Carver Fund was established by her family and colleagues to honor the life and work of Tina B. Carver
, longtime member of TESOL and the ESL/EFL community. Grants are available for funding the purchase of student classroom learning materials and/or teacher-related materials (e.g., ancillary materials that can be used in conjunction with textbooks or other instruction materials) to support adult ESL education programs in the United States.
Donations to the fund are gratefully accepted.
A TESOL member, or member of a TESOL affiliate, may submit an application on behalf of a community-based organization, charitable institution, or other nonprofit in the United States that carries 501(c)3 status and provides ESL programming for adults. Awarded grants will primarily serve the hardest-to-reach students with limited resources (e.g. beginning literacy to intermediate-low ESL students).
Annual application deadlines are 31 January, 31 May, and 30 September.
Complete the online application
with the following information:
- Applicant name and contact information
- Name and address of organization represented
- Description of organization's existing services and the materials for which funding is requested.
- itemized expenses for materials to be purchased with grant (maximum grant, $400)
- IRS letter granting tax-exempt status