This five-day workshop will:
- Introduce social-emotional learning (SEL) and present six fundamentals for including it in your work with English language learners.
- Introduce and define social-emotional needs, including the eight basic social-emotional needs that all people possess.
- Outline the physical, interpersonal, and organizational characteristics of inclusive classrooms and schools.
- Introduce teacher wellness, explain its pivotal role in teaching practice, and outline specific wellness activities that you can use to promote your own social-emotional resilience and that of your students.
- Introduce how to integrate social-emotional learning into your lesson plans.
- Present guidelines and considerations for monitoring and assessing the social-emotional learning of your students and the implementation of social-emotional learning practices in your teaching context.