Join Us in June!
TESOL Advocacy & Policy Summit
Annually, English language educators from across the United States meet to learn about the inner workings of Congress, receive hands-on training on the fundamentals of advocacy, gain knowledge about the current political climate and trends as they relate to TESOL's priorities, and meet with members of Congress to share their thoughts.
2023 TESOL Advocacy & Policy Summit
20-21 June 2023
Washington, D.C., USA
TESOL Advocacy Workshop
Would you like to build the advocacy skills of and empower the English language educators in your school, community, or beyond?
TESOL's Advocacy Workshop provides you with the skills and resources to build and elevate your advocacy efforts, whether at the local and community level or impact policy.
Attend to gain the skills to empower and equip:
- Understanding advocacy at all levels, from grassroots to grasstops
- Using the power of storytelling
- Equipping others for their own advocacy
- Increasing community advocacy
- Planning advocacy efforts - from allies to opposition, from messaging to coalitions, from ideas to action
- (U.S.A. only) Engage in the federal and state legislative process
- One-day workshop, delivered online or onsite
- Groups of 25, with a cap of 30
- Active and engaged learning
Ask about discounted pricing for TESOL’s Advocacy & Policy Summit in Washington, DC, 20-21 June 2023.
Advocacy Action Center
The action center is a free resource for all advocates, U.S. TESOL members and non-members alike, to find and contact their members of the United States Congress and state legislatures. Most importantly advocates can answer action alerts from TESOL to contact their members of Congress on important issues TESOL is tracking.