TESOL Advocacy Action Days
Our annual TESOL Advocacy & Public Policy Summit is transforming into TESOL Advocacy Action Days! For 2024, we have two opportunities to take your voice to the Hill! On 1 May, join us for virtual Hill visits and learn about the current issues and legislation that matter most to you and your learners. Then on 23 July, join us for in-person Hill visits in Washington, D.C., to raise your voice on Capitol Hill and speak directly to your congressional representatives to advocate for change.
TESOL Advocacy Workshop
Would you like to build the advocacy skills of and empower the English language educators in your school, community, or beyond?
TESOL's Advocacy Workshop provides you with the skills and resources to build and elevate your advocacy efforts, whether at the local and community level or impact policy.
Attend to gain the skills to empower and equip:
- Understanding advocacy at all levels, from grassroots to grasstops
- Using the power of storytelling
- Equipping others for their own advocacy
- Increasing community advocacy
- Planning advocacy efforts - from allies to opposition, from messaging to coalitions, from ideas to action
- (U.S.A. only) Engage in the federal and state legislative process
Advocacy Action Center
The action center is a free resource for all advocates, U.S. TESOL members and non-members alike, to find and contact their members of the United States Congress and state legislatures. Most importantly advocates can answer action alerts from TESOL to contact their members of Congress on important issues TESOL is tracking.