This double 6-hour module will deepen your knowledge of the research foundations that underlie The 6 Principles for Exemplary Teaching of English Learners® and strengthen your understanding of the ways The 6 Principles reflect and reinforce one another.
- Principle 1. Know your learners.
- Principle 2. Create conditions for language learning.
- Principle 3. Design high-quality lessons for language development.
- Principle 4. Adapt lesson delivery as needed.
- Principle 5. Monitor and assess student language development.
- Principle 6. Engage and collaborate within a community of practice.
After completing the Overview module, you will be able to:
- Explain the seven points that make up TESOL’s vision for exemplary teaching of English learners.
- List and define essential conditions for language learning.
- Describe how and why interactive language use and targeted literacy activities promote language development.
- Define each of The 6 Principles and explain its relationship to exemplary teaching of English learners.
- Identify teacher roles beyond the classroom and describe how each can reflect and support The 6 Principles.
- Explain how the teacher’s role in enacting The 6 Principles can extend beyond the classroom to other functions such as mentor/counselor, advocate, and resource for colleagues.
The price of this double 6-hour module is twice that of our 6-hour modules.
- TESOL Members - $118/module
Nonmembers - $158/module
Not a member? Join now!