Please read these policies before reserving space in TESOL's serial publications and the preliminary and convention program books.
- A signed advertising agreement is required for all advertising.
- All ads must be approved by TESOL and are accepted subject to the terms and provisions provided on rate card.
- TESOL reserves the right to reject, exclude, or cancel any ad or space commitment at any time for any reason.
- Advertisers are responsible for preparing their ads correctly and in accordance with advertising specifications provided on rate card. TESOL reserves the right to resize or otherwise correct an ad so that it conforms to published specifications. Because of the time constraints associated with publishing, the advertiser may not be contacted prior to changes made to submitted ad materials. The advertiser nevertheless remains responsible for any charges associated with making those changes.
- Companies with overdue balances owed to TESOL for any reason may not advertise until those balances are paid in full.
- Ads must be cancelled in writing and confirmed by TESOL no later than the closing date for space for the issue(s) being cancelled.
- Cancellations (as well as changes in insertion orders) will not be accepted after the closing date.
- Advertisers will be short-rated* if, within a 12-month period from the start of the contract, they fail to use the number of insertions upon which billing was based.
- If advertising materials are not received by the material closing date for an issue in which space has been reserved, TESOL reserves the right to run a previous ad or, in the event no advertisement is on file, a house ad. In such cases, the advertiser remains responsible for all space and color charges.
- TESOL does not pay agency commissions. This helps keep our ad rates low.
- TESOL does not accept employment ads for any TESOL serial publications, including TESOL Quarterly, TESOL Journal, and TESOL Connections. For more information on how to place an employment ad in TESOL's Online Career Center, visit the Career Center.
- First time serial publication and Web advertisers are required to pay in full when the ad reservation is submitted.
- Repeat serial publication and Web advertisers are required to pay 50% when the ad reservation is submitted. The balance is due within 30 days of receipt of notice.
- Cover positions in the serial publications are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Prices are subject to change.
In addition to the above policies, Web advertisers should also note the following
- Advertisements must be received one week prior to the first business day of the month for placement at the beginning of the month.
- All Web advertising must be prepaid.
Because TESOL is a global organization, advertisers are asked to consider the needs of all TESOL members. Ad copy should avoid abbreviations, especially in street, city, and state addresses. Country designations (e.g., USA) should be added to addresses. All currencies should be designated by country (e.g., US$10). Ad copy should list area code and telephone number along with a U.S. 1-800 number because many of TESOL's members reside outside the United States.