Would you like to build the advocacy skills of and empower the English language educators in your school, community, or beyond?
TESOL's Advocacy Workshop provides educators with the skills and resources to elevate your advocacy efforts, whether at the local and community level or in developing plans to influence change at the policy level. This workshop can be customized to meet your group's specific interests and needs and is available as a one- or two-day in person or a three- to four-weekend online offering. Contact email@example.com for availability and pricing.
Skills to empower and equip
Supporting yourself and those that matter to you
- Understanding advocacy at all levels, from grassroots to grasstops
- Using the power of storytelling
- Equipping others for their own advocacy
- Increasing community advocacy
- Planning advocacy efforts - from allies to opposition, from messaging to coalitions, from ideas to action
- (U.S.A. only) Engage in the federal and state legislative process